To get here
We have three museum buildings (map). The Museum of Evolution Palaeontology and the Museum of Evolution Zoology are open to the public. Researchers and other visitors are welcome to the Museum of Evolution after making an appointment.
To get here by bus: take bus number 2, 7 or 12 to the stop Evolutionsmuseet.
The museum is closed 24 December 2019-2 January 2020.
- Adults 50 SEK.
- Children under 18, staff and students at Uppsala University: free.
- Guided tour: 400 SEK (ca 40 min).
- Without a guided tour: free (if pre-booked)
- Guided tour: 600 SEK
- Without a guided tour: 300 SEK (8-20 people)
- Late visits, 17-20: 900 SEK per hour
- Saturday and Sunday: 1 200 SEK per hour
- 2 500 SEK per hour
Our annual pass costs 150 SEK and gives you free admission to the museum for 12 months from the date of issue.
Other cards and passes
Free admission for the holders of the following cards: Uppsala University gift card, DIK, ICOM, UMI, Museikortet and press cards. Free admission for museum employees with IDs or a business cards from their place of work.
Group visits must be booked in advanced. Pre-booked groups are welcome to visit the exhibitions on their own Monday-Friday 9-16. Guided tours can be booked Tuesday-Thursday 9-16.
Other groups (up to 20 people)
Guided tour, for business companies
We accept major credit cards.